DUI - Driving Under the Influence and Drunk Driving Arrest - Information
Statistics from the NHTSA:
- Alcohol impairment among drivers involved in fatal crashes is about four times higher at night than during the day.
- More than 30% of drivers involved in fatal crashes on weekends are alcohol-impaired.
- 43% of 2009 motorcycle riders who died in crashes had a BAC of .08 or above.
Latest Reports from the NHTSA:
- Challenges and Defenses II
Claims and responses to common challenges and defenses in driving while impaired cases
- Increasing Impaired-Driving Enforcement Visibility: Six Case Studies
Each case study includes discussion of the HVE program’s history, enforcement strategies, visibility elements, operation, resources, use of media, educational components, funding, support from political leaders and the community, barriers encountered, and strengths of the program.
- Cross-Examination For Prosecutors
This monograph was developed to assist prosecutors in understanding the basic goals, methods, and forms of cross-examination when dealing with all witnesses. In addition, the monograph provides guidance specific to expert witnesses.
- Digest of Impaired Driving and Selected Beverage Control Laws (26th Edition, 2011)
This digest reports the status of State laws that are concerned with impaired driving offenses and alcoholic beverage control. It is extensively footnoted and contains comprehen-sive information on critical impaired-driving laws for all 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- State Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Testing and Reporting for Drivers Involved in Fatal Crashes:Current Practices, Results, and Strategies, 1997-2009
This report documents current State blood alcohol concentration (BAC) testing and reporting practices and results for drivers involved in fatal crashes. It summarizes known BAC results by State for the years 1997 to 2009 for both fatally injured and surviving drivers.
For your DUI defense in Florida, you need an experienced DUI defense lawyer who will represent you in your DUI case. Call DUI defense expert Janet Johnson
for immediate help.
Contact her today at: 904-634-8991
See Jacksonville attorney Janet Johnson interviewed on TV regarding DUI cases:
Contact our Jacksonville attorneys office now to see how drunk driving specialist attorney Janet Johnson can help you with your DUI / DWI defense in Florida: 904-634-8991